1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 11/01-11/04

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So you're saying beating Savannah State, North Greenville, Edward Waters, Presbyterian, Wingate, VMI, Georgetown and El Cid makes that 8-0 mark a little suspect? Say it ain't so.

(Oh man, I'm a dork.)

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So, the North Carolina job is Butch Davis' if he wants it, according to Ivan Maisel and Joe Schad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2648903

I imagine with his Florida connections, and the fact that FSU and Miami are both in a down cycle, UNC could be pretty good in a few years if Butch signs on. It's a damn sleeping giant in the ACC, which is actually looking a lot better this year than people expected. Five ranked teams, and that doesn't include Maryland (6-2), FSU or Miami.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Carolina still has to let all those Florida kids in school and that hasn't always been easy in the past.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The UNC scout site had this story last night around 8:00. Glad to see Maisel and Schad are learning the ESPN way. It's not a story until ESPN reports...

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that, and I would have been more than happy to credit Scout for getting this if that's true, but I don't make it a habit to check out North Carolina's internet coverage and most news organizations seemed to be crediting ESPN.com, which is no surprise. Apologies.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

DD no need to apologize.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT!

Fanboy Bubbler is going to get this in while it lasts: BALL STATE 9-7 over MICHIGAN!

Fear the Cardinals!

8. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Bama driving on Miss. State ... oh yeah, nobody gives a shit.

It's quite chilly here in the shaded press box.

Hurry up, Clark. I'm freezing my baguettes off.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm so with you here. Unfortunately, Henne just threw a touchdown so Michigan's back ahead 14-9. Just so long as Ball U keeps it close to shoot a crater-sized hole in the Ohio State-Michigan rematch theory ...

Oh, and the Huskers are up 17-0 on Mizzou already. Muck Fizzou!

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Miss. State might pick up first SEC win today. Tide can't protect JPW and State is moving the ball well. 10-3 Cowbells with 12:30 left in first half.

11. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Tide interception and return for TD.

Nevermind.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Kiss it Oz. I quit watching it at 27-3. Maybe it will turn out like the Bears game since we quit watching that and they had the miraculous comeback for a win.

Draft saved Draft deleted