1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 11/01-11/04

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Nov 1, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

All good things must come to an end (including crazy-ass long regular season win streaks). It hurt when the QB used up his eligibility last fall. I still think they'll make at least the semifinals of the NAIA tourney.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fresno State still has a chance, cutting the lead down to 38-21 with 10:24 left.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Stanford hosts USC this weekend. Is this the blowout game every USC fan is going to get after it didn't materialize against Arizona State and last week's loss to OSU? Something tells me Stanford plays with USC ... for a quarter, maybe a half.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Anyone else think this should be a fun game to watch, given what we've seen already?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

More like a down. Stanford is downright awful this year. They only managed 53 total yards against Arizona for fuck's sake.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I know the Cardinal is awful, but hey, USC's not the recent USC. This seems like the perfect opponent to rebound against after the OSU debacle. My previous post is more wishful thinking.

Lighten up BYM 2, Electric Boogaloo!!

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Is it just me, or do Army and Air Force keep fighting after the snap, and ESPN2 won't show it?

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I just know, the next time we strike, I hope it's not on land.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I love Army. It pains me to see them like this.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Army football is collateral damage from Iraq. Same thing happened back during the Vietnam war. There's a limited pool of kids who can play ball and hack the service academies both in the classroom and culturally. The three schools must share the pool. Surprise, surprise, Mom and Dad prefer their kid choose a branch of the service that doesn't involve so many funerals. Air Force improves, Navy improves, Army goes 2-9.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So who's getting fired up for that Gardner-Webb/Charleston Southern game today. :D

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

That's unbeaten Charleston Southern to you, buddy. Pride of the Lowcountry. Defeater of horrible football teams from near and far.

Draft saved Draft deleted