1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 11/01-11/04

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That story is a myth.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Texas had its shot against Ohio State, at home even. It doesn't merit another one over another one-loss team.

And there will be more than one unbeaten, because Boise State ain't losin'. Not championshionship-game worthy, but BCS-worthy.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Caught a funny sideline report from Craig Sager of TBS during the Texas-Okie State game. It was on the Texas cheerleaders, and how they have the "All-American girls" of the squad on one side, the dancing "chap girls" on the other sideline, and the elite co-ed cheer squad in one of the end zones.
    In other words, they're separated into the cuties, the sluts and the ambiguously gay male cheerleaders.
    Just thought the underlying tone was a little humorous.

On another note, I'll give a dollar to the editor with the balls to run "Dick and Nutt better than Cocks" as the headline for the Arkansas-South Carolina gamer.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yet, still ranked 24th in Whitlock's poll this week.
    Oh, and West Virginia moves up to No. 1 because the Mountaineers played better in losing than Michigan or Ohio State did in winning.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I love Junkie Version 2.0. Good humored, humble, less angry, a tad defiant, yet still remaining true to his most important beliefs (Rush is awesome, Neil Pert is a genius, Michigan and Ohio State are still excellent teams). Bravo, sir. Bravo.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Rush is awesome.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Interesting little tidbit on Craig James' "old fart" comment...

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Karma for those cheaters.

James had his chance for a Super Bowl win later, too, and his team got rolled by the Bears.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

At least you owned up to it, unlike others on this board who might not have.

Like I've said before, as a Penn State fan, I would never want to assume that Team A can beat Team B because we have seen upsets -- like Penn State-Miami -- happen before. And they will happen again.

And I would hate to christen someone (like Ohio State) as unbeatable, because it reminds me too much of ESPN telling us which past champions last year's USC team would have beaten -- nevermind that it later lost to Texas.

Still a lot of games to play.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

We should ask Bill, or Barry Allen, or somebody.
    Or were you there when it allegedly happened?
    I wasn't.
    Even if it were a myth, it still symbolizes the actual pain felt by Bammer fans when they lose ANY game, especially MSU or Ole Miss
    Ain't sposed to happen, they tell you.

11. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

James may still be pissed off about Paterno, but I was pissed off I had to watch that SMU-Pittsburgh game. 7-3 Mustangs. Blech.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yep, it was his house.

Draft saved Draft deleted