1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 11/01-11/04

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Zeek

Zeek Member

If Wake Forest wins the ACC championship and goes to the Orange Bowl the ACC should lose its BCS conference status.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Have you seen Wake Forest this year? If not, then STFU.

If you have, then you've obviously never seen quality football in your life. And before anyone asks, I'm not a Wake Forest alum or fanboy of any sort. Let me put it like this: Jim Grobe for ACC Coach of the Year. And with the possible exception of Ralph Friedgen, it's not even close.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Will Wake be favored at FSU next week? If Grobe or Friedgen were coaching at FSU, the Noles would be 9-0.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fucking sweet play by the Tech D.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

At this point, there's no reason they shouldn't be.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

They'd go over everyone except an undefeated Louisville. Wins over Nebraska, Arkansas, Oregon, Cal and ND would be quite impressive, and the only team to beat them is turning out to be much better than anyone ever anticipated.

A month ago I though Cal would hammer SC. Not anymore.

SC is going to be a monster the next 2-3 years (again). I think it has only seven seniors on the two-deep and you know they'll have a great recruiting class. The Trojans need a USC-caliber tailback because Chauncey Washington can't stay eligible and fumbles too often, but I'm sure they'll find one someplace.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If the so-called powers of the ACC had half of Wake's heart and a fraction of the Deacons' ability to execute, no one would be bagging on the ACC. But because the so-called powers - Miami, Florida State, Virginia Tech and maaaaybe Clemson - are all not performing up to expectations, everyone claims the league is down.

Bullsh_t. It simply leaves an opportunity there for someone else. Wake is welcoming itself to the party, and so is Maryland. Good for them. For those who aren't following too carefully, STFU and go back into your caves.

Rant over. Thank you for your time.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Preach on, brother Sam!!! The league does not suck. There is in fact a lot, a LOT of quality football. It's not the best conference and it doesn't have a team that you can say is among the elite in the NCAA this year. But Georgia Tech, BC, Wake, and Maryland are all playing good ball right now. Hell Maryland is playing Big 10 ball this year, what with relying on a running game and their defense.

The Terps were six yards from pulling off an upset against Georgia Tech in Atlanta, and that game looks even better for the Jackets now. Wake is a confounding team that plays an unconventional offense and defense and their players are making it work. Hell I already have my tickets for the Wake/Terps game now, having bought them tonight.

It'll be a fun final few weeks. Wake plays at FSU, against Va Tech, and then at Maryland. The Terps host Miami, go to BC, and host Wake. Good stuff.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've seen Wake up close and I came away very impressed, especially defensively. That Tech-Wake game at Groves in a couple of weeks will be huge.

Oh, and suck it Miami. :D

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Fun fact about Wake: They haven't played a true freshman this season.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Much to the delight of Cosmo, I left messages for two of my friends in different time zones telling them that I was having too much fun watching Virginia Tech make Miami its bitch.

12. I hate to say this but I think Texas is going to have a say in the title game if there is only a Big Ten team unbeaten. Would love to watch Florida vs. Ohio State however.

Draft saved Draft deleted