1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 10/21

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I've heard the same thing, and I think you're right. Given that Phil probably has made some sizable contributions to the athletic department, he probably has more control over those uniforms than the school might want to admit. But they're not about to stop cashing those checks any time soon.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

after watching the bulls' performance tonight, unc may decide to get rid of bunting right away and let the players coach themselves like in varsity blues

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"Ah don't WANT yer life!"

[​IMG]

4. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

just thought I'd drop in real quick to say war damn eagle.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Anybody have a link to that Bunting spoof the N&O did?

Last year I beat Miami!

6. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

God damn does USF suck... I really wish they would fire their offensive coordinator Rod Smith... he's been so bad for the last two years.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Here you go, Hokie. Has all the cartoons from the N&O (one on K, two on Chuck and the Bunting one)

http://www.newsobserver.com/1235/story/481010.html

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeah.........Knight does have some input in the unis, but no way does the school say anything to piss off Dr. Swoosh.......and the idea on the FSU black unis is (from what I heard) a tribute to the Seminole tribe.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah USF! Lay that Egg! How freaking bad was that.....

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. They did lose to KU.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

IM me with what impressed you with Harris. Since I watched eight years of Pitt under him, I might be able to shed some light.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Man, Webby, that was so fast I think I have whiplash. "10 Minutes to Kickoff"..."Christ, we suck!"
    That was, by far, the worst college football game I've seen in a while. Was kinda hoping for a 2-0 result there, so it could be put in a headline, like a tombstone.
    One thing I think your Bulls have to do is rethink Grothe. Kid didn't show a whole lot tonite, but at least Julmiste moved the ball.
    By the way, of those who persecuted yourselves watched, did that USF player stomp on a Bearcat? Didn't get tv audio feed, so I don't know if they caught it, but folks around me sure thought it happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted