1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 10/21

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 21, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd like to thank Wlat Harris for allowing WVU and now Rutgers to blow by Pitt under his watch. While that clown was sucking off every quarterback that would return his calls, Schiano was slowly stokpiling lineman, and more linemen, and then summore linemen. The result is a team that doesnt need their quarterback to throw bcause the line creates holes for Ray Rice (who ran past me on my ay home last night on the Parkway) Meanwhile, Pitt has a great quarterback who has been running for his life for the better part of three seasons.

Thanks, Wlat. Here's hoping you go 0-12 at Stanford. Of course, it won't be your fault. Nothing is ever your fault.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

NEVER call it Mizzou State. [/proud alum] After all the crap Mizzou did to try to keep us from getting the name change, I don't want it to be associated with them at all. I usually call it Mo State.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to piss you off (though I didn't know you were a SMS Bear. It's a lazy-ass way for a few of us to say it.

I still prefer Southwest than Mo State. I still can't make myself call NE Missouri by it's Truman State name. It sounds silly.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You didn't really piss me off. Just a pet peeve. I've only really ever known Truman as Truman. It was passed when I was in middle school, I think, so colleges weren't really on my mind then.

This was something I worked hard to help get passed, though. Before I transferred to SMS (still a habit for me, too) I worked for the Lt. Governor as one of his campaign staff. I went to a conference for democrats and campaigning and actually campaigned for the man who tried to keep it from happening when it did. I was very disappointed that the name change was what he was working so hard to get shot down AGAIN when there were a lot more important and pressing issues in Missouri. The students just wanted recognitioin for what we were.... and that was not a regional school anymore. Anyway, sorry for the thread jack. :)

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Really? I'm impressed with Harris and always have been. Wannstedt's no ace, and I'm surprised at how enamored Pitt fans are of him.

6. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Go Bulls! Kickoff in 10 minutes on ESPN!

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Have never been crazy about Clemson's Purple, and Minny looks bad, but I think the FSU Black is pretty nice.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I agree, the FSU black is tight.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Perhaps another angle may shift your appraisal.

[​IMG]

See pants leg. That's awful.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oregon-esque. And that's not good. At least the numbers don't resemble an ancient video game.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've heard that Phil Knight has a huge amount of input in these uniforms. And if they're really out of Mars -- read: Oregon -- they were probably his own idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted