1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 10/21

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

In a not-so-stunning move, no topic was started prior to Thursday's Virginia-UNC barnburner. :p

The fact that Ohio State is losing to Indiana at any point (this case 3-0 late in the first quarter) is cause for Buckeye embarrassment.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, Ohio State took the lead. Yippie-kay-aye.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

All I know is, typically I'm not a Huskers fan. But I would love to see them beat Texas today.

4. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Why Oz? Whatcha got against the Longhorns? I admit to a bias against Nebraska formulated from all those teams they had in the 80s that weren't that good, as evidenced by getting their butts handed to them by bowl time. Now, I'm ambivalent.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Texas school, and they did just win a national title. Longhorns just took a 9-7 lead, though (missed extra point).

In a surprise, Syracuse still leads Louisville 6-0 getting close to halftime. Cardinals had only 32 yards total offense, last I checked in.

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

So much for the Rebels upsetting the Hogs.

It's a gorgeous day in Knoxville.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Don't worry John L. Smith, we have some beautiful parting gifts for you.....Northwestern 24, Michigan State 3, late in the second quarter

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fired by sundown.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Half: Illinois 9, Penn State 3.

I have serious doubts that Penn State would be beating Temple at halftime today.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

7-6 now in Syracuse.

That's not so suprising though. Always count on Syracuse to play well against the good teams, and get its ass handed to it by Wake Forest. ::)

It should almost be a rule of gambling. Always pick Syracuse when the Orange are underdogs. So, always pick Syracuse.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Funny.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

'Cuse played great in the first half against West Virginia last week, only to commit hari kiri in the second half. It's been that way all season. Look for the Cardinals to run it up like the Mountaineers did last week.

Draft saved Draft deleted