1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football -- 10/12-14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. joe

joe Active Member

News flash: Gary Pinkel alive and well, in full 2004 mode. With the brilliant play calling in the second half, it just confirms that he could fuck up a wet dream. And thus the wheels fall off.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Gary Pinkel, as Mizzou fans know and despise him, is back in full force. Ok, he can't control the three lost fumbles, including the one that cost Mizzou a touchdown.

But who the fuck, other than Pinkel, trailing by six, takes a delay of game penalty on a 21-yard field goal, presumably to give the kicker a better angle, and then proceeds to FAKE THE FUCKING FIELD GOAL BY ASKING A RECEIVER TO RUN 10 YARDS THROUGH 11 GUYS??

Ok, I know I violated every grammar rule possible, but what in the name of batshit is he thinking? To quote the faux Ethan Albright, fuck me sideways with a lunchbox. A three-point deficit down the stretch makes a big difference than needing a touchdown. This is exactly the kind of shit that got Pinkel on the hotseat in the first place.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

And for those of you wondering why Mizzou fans bitch so much about Gary Pinkel, watch the second half of that debacle and you'll get your answer.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At some point in season Iowa always seems to disapoint.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You needed further confirmation of this, hokie? UVa. is ball-suckingly awful. Question is -- Why is Groh still gainfully employed?

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh, I get it. Watch Chuck Amato and you'd wonder if Missouri moved east and switched to red uniforms.

7. Sam Mills 51

Because the length and cost of the extension Craig Littlepage signed him to last year makes him very difficult to fire now.

(Yes, Doc, I know what you're saying ... but that's the real reason.)

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Groh's got himself a nice long-term deal, and UVa is already paying Pete Gillen lots of cash not to coach. But if he loses to Bunting State on Thursday night next week (great pick there, ESPN), then wow, the heat will be turned up.

Or Virginia fans won't give a shit, which is actually the more likely scenario.

9. Sam Mills 51

Can't ESPN switch to SportsCentury or competitive eating or some other alternate program?

UVa-UNC? Wow ... that's a dud.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

The eagle has landed. I still love watching that.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah. That hasnt been on too many times in the last month ::)

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When did the ACC get exclusive rights to Thursday night games? I swear next week will make four of the past five weeks that we've had two of their mediocre at best programs square off.

Draft saved Draft deleted