1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football -- 10/12-14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Florida State will still find a way to sneak into the ACC championship game.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

3. You can, however, play up a division in other sports like hockey (Alaska Anchorage, Ferris State, Nebraska-Omaha, Colorado College), baseball (LeMoyne), even soccer (Colorado College in women's soccer, off the top of my head) and stay D-2 or D-3 in everything else. Just not in football or basketball - and a D-I school can never play down in any sport.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Army was in Conference USA football for a few years, but it didn't work for them, so they went back to being independent. Good for them, whatever works.
    And by the way, Temple is really, really bad. The Sagarin rating rates them No.198 - worse than 79 I-AA teams - and they looked every bit of it Thursday night.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Speaking of the ACC, are we really ready to see Chuck Amato coach in a BCS game?

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes for the school. No to Chuck.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The hell aren't you ready for?
    [​IMG]

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, no.
    Oh how I wish I could be there for the Navy-Northern Illinois or Army-Ball State women's basketball road trip, tho the Temple at Central Michigan anything would send one screaming into the night.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Army and Navy would never ever ever ever ever ever consider the MAC for full membership. They love where they are now. As it is, there aren't enough teams to fill the slots for bowl games, and certain bowls (i.e. the Poinsettia and the Emerald) love the academies. If Army gets to six wins, they've already got a handshake deal in place with the Poinsettia to go.

They like the low costs involved with Patriot League travel for other sports, and the level of competiton is just right. Army's never been relevant in men's basketball, and Navy hasn't been since that Robinson kid was there in the 80s.

11. That's a kill.
    Marquette doesn't play football, either.
    So Cal has gone from being overrated in the preseason, to getting drilled by Tennessee, and back to being overrated again. Wazzu beats 'em today.

12. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

In the game of the day, USF leads UNC 14-7 in the second quarter :)

Draft saved Draft deleted