1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football -- 10/12-14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They've made their choices.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, and major props to Wlat Harris-led Stanford for hanging a big, fat 53* on Arizona yesterday.

* - that would mean 53 yards total - TOTAL - offense.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I heard something incredible from their radio crew one night as the Fightin Trees were getting waxed by Navy. Stanford had a three-year stretch in which it signed zero scholarship wide receivers.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If Shalala didn't let Barry Alvarez recruit gangbangers at Wisconsin, she can put her foot down here.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just saw where NMSU's QB goes 49-65, 526 yards, and still lose by 12.........considering Mumme's the coach, no surprise........look what he did with Couch.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Is it time to fire up the Tommy Tuberville going to Miami rumors?

8. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Tyler...please, god...NO.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Does Lamar Thomas still have a job today?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's still in the press box at the "OB." He's ripped off his shirt - ala Ed Orgeron - and is screaming down to the field, "Yeah baby! You know you don't want none of this! That's what I'm talkin' bout!"

The groundscrew is kind of confused.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think we'll find out about that when the play Saturday. I haven't seen Rutgers yet, but I have seen Pitt and I won't be sold until they knock off somebody at a little higher level. Who is the best opponent they've beaten this year? Syracuse? That was the 8th consecutive conference loss for the Orange.

Pitt can score. Palko is extremely efficient and despite not having a great arm, he throws a nice deep ball and he can make big plays. More importantly, they actually have a strong offensive line for the first time in about a decade.

They also have some studs on defense like H.B. Blades and Darrelle Revis.

It's just a matter of doing it against a quality opponent, something Pitt hasn't done yet this season.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tommy Tuberville gets mentioned everywhere.... just wait. Les Miles will go to Michigan when Carr retires -- yup, Tubby will be mentioned for LSU after leaving Auburn for Miami...

Draft saved Draft deleted