1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football -- 10/12-14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm sue he did some damage to his draft status tonight. Ron Mexico Jr. stomping ELvis Dumervil in the Gator Bowl last year certainly didn't do him any favors in regards to his character.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Yep, and he's already famous -- or infamous. He was the guy West Virginia RB Quincy Wilson steamrolled and then hurdled on his way to a touchdown during to the consensus play of the year in 2003.

EDIT: Adding YouTube link. Merriweather is No. 19.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Ron Mexico, Jr. can't play. Merriweather was a first or second round pick. Merriweather had a gun incident over the summer which might hurt more than anything. I think it was declared sefl-defense but he got off a few rounds.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, that, and it gives the rest of the ACC the chance to inevitably trip all over itfuckingself the rest of the year.

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Anybody here really think the WVU-Louisville winner won't go undefeated?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

DOH ... seriously, does Rutgers even register a blip? I think that's a pretty dangerous team.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Even if the NCAA has any balls it would make the Miami/FIU game a double forfeit.

But we know that won't happen.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I see either Rutgers or Pitt dropping a huge shit in the lap of either WVU or Louisville.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Larry Coker's a good man.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Rutgers is pretty good, but to assume that a 5-7 winner wouldn't beat them (in WVU's case , a home game ) seems a little bit disingenuous.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I certainly think WVU would be a favorite ... but to dismiss Rutgers entirely seems to be a little cocky, that's all.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

In other news, Oklahoma State WR Adarius Bowman had 13 catches for 300 fucking yards against Kansas.

13 receptions, 300 yards.

Carry on.

Draft saved Draft deleted