1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football -- 10/12-14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If Orgeyaw can get himself an offense to go with that defense he's gonna have himself a nice team in a couple of years.

2. Well, that was one way for Florida International to get itself up top on the highlight show.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

1. 7 officials

2. 100 players

3. You can't use replay to determine ejections.

Yeah it was on tape but if the officials were already busy trying to break up the other eleventy kajillion fights going on at the same time they probably didn't see what he was doing.

My guess is that the ACC tells Miami that Merriweather doesn't play another game this year and that at the end of the season Miami yanks his scholly.

The guys from UM and FIU doing the kicking are probably done for the year as well. Not sure what you do to the guy swinging his crutches. Make him serve his suspension next year when he's healthy maybe?

And yeah, Miami is still Thug U but FIU instigated the brawl. I don't care if a guy drops his fucking pants and jacks off in front of your bench, you don't retaliate. You line up, whip their ass, then line up and whip their ass again, and again and again.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I blame soccer.

Miami football, you know you want it, bitch.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

My contributions here go entirely unnoticed... ;)

Ok, am I the only one who thinks the whole "his last play" thing is a bit dumb? I understand what the writer is trying to say, but he gets a big DUH from me, since any play in which you break your collarbone is going to be your last one...

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And really, doesn't that say it all. Freaking FIU walks into the Orange Bowl, starts a brawl, and at least holds its own (despite travel squad restrictions). That's what Miami is now. It's the $3.99 2 Live Crew CD in the remainders bin at FYE.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You would think so. But the play which causes an injury isn't always the last. Think Chris Simms and the Tampa Bay Bucs' game against Carolina.

I get your point, but just sayin' ...

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I can get Fuck Shop and Seven Bizzos for $3.99? Sweet.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Fair enough. Just thought it sounded a bit, well... dumb.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Merriweather will be in the NFL next year so having his scholarship revoked is meaningless.

11. Armchair_QB

There are no travel squad restrictions for non-conference games unless the school sets them itself. Given that this was bus trip I doubt FIU left anybody at home.

It looked like FIU had as many guys out on the field as Miami did.

12. Armchair_QB

Didn't realize he was a senior. But he's played his last college game.

Draft saved Draft deleted