1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 10/07

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cougargirl, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Coastal will be fired up for David Bennett. He recently lost his mother to cancer.

I still think Furman will be too much ... and I hope I'm absolutely wrong.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

he may do that, but his team's gonna win. georgia lost arguably its best player for the season yesterday -- kicker brandon coutu

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Will be tough to match up with Delaware's game against New Hampshire a week or two ago. The Blue Hens took a tough loss at home, 52-49 in a game that went down to the final 30 seconds or so.

4. I get the feeling there's a storm siren that goes off every time Phil gets within a block of a Barnhill's.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I just glanced to see whether Louisville had hung 60 on Middle Tennessee State yet, only to see the Cards are winning merely 23-10 in the third quarter. Kind of a surprise there.

EDIT -- Louisville won 44-17. I'm pretty sure that hurts me in SportsJournalists.com pick'em this week.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Indiana-Illinois?

[​IMG]

7. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

The good news: I'll be done writing by 5 p.m.

The bad news: I was up at 4 a.m.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

ESPN needs to do a better job policing the signs in the background.

When they cut to a shot of Herbstreit, there was a sign telling the world how much Lee Corso loves the cock. I'm glad I finished eating my strawberry mini-wheats, otherwise there'd have been shit all over the monitor.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I think Clemson needs to sport a completely purple uniform.. including the helmet

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

ESPN also needs to get better fact-checkers. Fowler said LSU beat Florida last year despite Russell's poor performance with the aid of five Florida turnovers.

Turnovers in that game: LSU 5, Florida 0. LSU won despite its five turnovers, Chris.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on Missouri-Texas Tech? As much as I'd like to see Missouri win, I am bothered by all the talk about Mizzou's defense being ranked No. 2 in the nation. I think it's a good defense, but I know the utter crap that it compiled the numbers against. I see Tech winning about 38-30. If it were at Mizzou, I'd say Mizzou 56-35

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

On a fourth-and-2 play, KU fakes the punt and gains 48 yards on punter Kyle Tucker's flip pass. Three plays later, the Jayhawks scored on a 6-yard touchdown pass. Jayhawks lead Texas A&M 7-0.

Like I would update any other game at this point. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted