1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 10/07

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cougargirl, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There was more than one small-town preps writer in North Carolina who spoke against it. So did the then-president of the NCHSAA, the state's prep athletic group.

Then East Carolina scheduled one anyway. Mike Hamrick was an idiot loooong before he fired Steve Logan in Greenville.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

If any of the major conferences start scheduling Friday night games, the NFL ought to jump up and put the Cowboys-Redskins or Pats-Colts on one Saturday afternoon in mid-October or early November....

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the NFL won't deign to acknowledge that any college game would be a challenge to its product.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Most of the major conferences came out against them. A couple of years ago, Minnesota was supposed to play at Toledo on a Friday night. But The U and the Big Ten bitched so loudly that it was moved.
    Some high school coaches still steer recruits away from teams that play on Friday

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Louisville played Rutgers on a Friday night last year, but most Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday games involve non-BCS teams.

And was I dreaming or did I see a score showing Utah whipping up on TCU?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Under the radar fantastic matchup of the week comes from the I-AA ranks:

Richmond at New Hampshire

I really hope Comcast Sports Net picks that up ... that's going to be one hell of a game.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup ... and this makes me more curious as to how well Furman would match up against these teams.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Furman's game at Coastal could be tricky ... not that I think that Coastal can beat Furman, but, well, I didn't think Coastal could beat James Madison last year either.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Agreed. Those two teams are better than a lot of I-As.

10. Arizona...Illinois.
    And Phil's going down tomorrow between the hedges.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I dunno. I got a feeling the only thing he's ever been down on is a Barnhill's buffet.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The nice thing is, you might actually be able to discover that in the NCAA playoffs.

Draft saved Draft deleted