1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 10/07

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cougargirl, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

We're not going to agree on this, Junkie, and these numbers aren't definitive.

Johnson will be a star in the NFL. He's got polish and the right makeup. Most of the guys he's been playing against don't even belong on the same field.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No, but he's got Reggie Fucking Ball as his quarterback, so that should count as something in his favor.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Agreed. Ball sucks.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He's improved to the point where he doesn't suck any more. He's still not that good but he's advanced past the suck stage and that makes them a lot better.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm not going to argue the finer points of the ACC with you, Moddy. I know you know more than me. But how much of Ball's "improvement" is due to Johnson's continued emergence?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I guess I didn't mean emergence, per se. I more mean improvement. I mean, Johnson has gotten better, no? But I see your point -- Ball isn't dog-shit awful anymore.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I realize the lure of playing on ESPN is always appealing, but who really thought Sunday Night college football would have an audience?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Neither Johnson nor Manningham are going to win the Heisman, much less sit in at the Downtown Athletic Club, come the first or second Saturday in December so this argument -- which started from a Heisman comment -- is really pointless. They're both good players.

As for Sunday night football, I DVR'd the game to catch Garrett Wolfe to see what the hype is about. I won't be able to watch it tonight, but soon.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

And Miami gets money whore of the week status for not only moving a game to Sunday night, but moving their Homecoming game to Sunday night.

I'm a MAC grad and my natural inclination is to root for the MAC in football, but they're in a Cold War-like arms race with C-USA to see which conference is the bigger whore in terms of money-grabbing via moving games to weekdays, or in tonight's case, to Sunday. It's pathetic.

The MAC slogan should be: Its Tuesday, Are You Ready For Some Lucre Football?

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Who cares if Johnson's a Heisman candidate. He's a great talent, a nice kid and deserves credit for having a hell of a season so far.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Don't leave the WAC out of the money-whore equation. It's got a Sunday night game next week. Freaking stupid!

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yet the Mountain West gets slammed on this board, by some, for ditching the game during the week and signing a deal with OLN, umm I mean Versus to play on Saturday afternoons.

Draft saved Draft deleted