1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 10/07

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cougargirl, Oct 4, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

So I start this week's installation a bit early. I walk in the door after a super-long day to see Matthew McConaghey cheering on the Thundering Herd, who was setting up for a go-ahead field goal after nearly squandering a prime touchdown chance against Central Florida. Kicker makes a 50-yarder. 22-20 Herd. We are Marshall!

UCF comes right back and does the same ... 23-22 UCF. And now, the idiot kicker for UCF took off his helmet, charged down the field in celebration ... and was assessed a penalty fore excesive celebration.

Damn, and after seeing a trailer for "We Are Marshall" at the theaters a couple weeks ago, I was actually excited to watch what was left of this game. Matthew McConaghey (who desperately needs to shower and shave) isn't bringing any luck to the teams whose sidelines he has graced as of late.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I used to work with a guy Matthew McConaughey would play if there were a movie about his life.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Between McConnaughey and Randy Moss, if there's one thing Marshall can attract, it's stoners ...

4. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

What do you want, CG? He and Sir Lance-Alot walked Texas' sideline during the national championship win. They used up enough luck for a couple of seasons, at least.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Gawd, what a beating MM is. Better Marshall have him than the Big 12.

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Last week Tuesday, this week Wednesday...I swear C-USA is so desperate for TV they might start scheduling games for March.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And that game was a lot more exciting than a 7-3 or 14-9 SEC snoozefest.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He likes walking the sideline because he keeps getting older, they keep staying the same age.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Indiana at Illinois, noon Eastern.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I love that there are three spellings for McConaughey on this thread. 8)

L-I-V-I-N

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I love me some Juice Williams.

Draft saved Draft deleted