1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB poll? If so, new tabulator needed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Jul 6, 2015.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I guess it's time to discuss this. It's been a staple of SJ.com for as long as I've been viewing/posting here, first with slappy, then myself as tabulator.

Last year we dialed it back a bit and had a hardcore, dedicated group of 13 voters who submitted a preseason poll, then picked it up again midway through the season ... somewhat similar to the Playoff Pickin' Committee.

This year? I'm not sure how many of those pollsters are still around. And on a personal level, I won't have as many free Saturdays to watch college football this fall as my work schedule is changing (in part so I can watch my son play on Friday nights).

In short, I don't think I have the time to tabulate this season, and I definitely don't have time to write a weekly essay/poll story. (OK, so those won't be missed ... :))

Any volunteers to keep this poll going? Any thoughts/comments on if we should keep doing the poll at all?

Just trying to get the discussion rolling ... a few weeks before I usually asked for voters. If someone is interested and is wondering how the process worked, feel free to PM me. Otherwise just post your comments here.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I vote Coco.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Jesus_Muscatel is back in town after an extended stay in the witness protection program and he wants to play ...

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll bump this one time ...

Draft saved Draft deleted