1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching carousel 2019-20

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Sep 30, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Might as well get this year's thread started.

Chris Ash out at Rutgers. Tough job.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

T-R-R.

[​IMG]

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Butch Jones, you're getting promoted from intern!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Out this way the only one I could see changing would be at Wazzu. But Leach has three years and $12 mil left after this year - don't seem him getting more elsewhere.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm sure the papers in New Jersey will be all over it. [/oldcrossthread]

Liut likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia Tech won't get rid of Fuente this year unless a) the Hokies finish at 3-9 or 2-10 or b) the school magically begins to fundraise to help offset the ridiculous buyout build into his contract. Too bad, because he's completely lost the fan base and (seemingly) many of the players.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Michigan?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I saw speculation that Bill Clark at UAB would take the Rutgers job and had to laugh. Even stuck in C-USA, the UAB job is a far better place to build a career. No way in hell he's going to take a job at a P5 bottom feeder just to get bottom feeder P5 money. He's already turned down SEC DC offers, and I've heard rumors from people in a position to know that he'd been approached to interview for a second tier SEC HC job.

Taking the Rutgers job is kinda like joining Trump's cabinet. It sounds a whole lot better than the reality is.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It would be rather odd to stick around at UAB after they whack football but take the Rutgers job. At least when UAB didn't have a team, Clark didn't lose any games.
    Nobody has done more this decade than that guy.
    Amazing that Rutgers is still trying to build facilities to get up to speed for, say, 2010.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good read on Fuente here.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I could have sworn Schiano turned Rutgers into a Top 10 team and had people all over here putting red Rs on their cars.

Must have been a dream.

Draft saved Draft deleted