1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB Bowl-o-Rama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Dec 19, 2014.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not exactly breaking news...but this just in from Houston: Charlie Strong's team is not well coached.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'll take the Sun Belt over the Big 12 right now.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Someone who is about to be out of work.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ever since West Virginia hung 70 on 'em, Clemson has won its last 3 bowls though it's tough to tell if Oklahoma even got off the bus.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Delightul to see both Oklahoma and Texas get shithoused on the same day by middle of the road ACC and SEC teams.

You could just see that crazed look in Venables eyes that he wanted to fuck the Bros. Stoops as hard as he could.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

To be fair, Clemson isn't a "middle of the road" ACC team.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But for one of the "bluebloods" to get drilled like that by anyone is bad.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This Clemson senior class won 42 games -- a school record, though they play more games these days.

Matter of time before Dabo hitches his wagon to the NFL star.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I love how people think every successful college coach is going to bolt to the NFL.

People said the same thing about Bob Stoops, Brian Kelly and Urban Meyer at one time or another.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good lord ... Dabo's done very well at Clemson, but let's not go crazy. He's created a culture in which he can recruit very well, but on the field he's had the assistance of some of the highest-paid coordinators in CFB. He ain't NFL material by a long shot.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Clemson's beaten LSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma in its last three bowl games (since that Orange Bowl ass-whipping offered up by West Virginia). And I have good friends who are fans of all three programs who've offered up some version of "SCHOOL X doesn't give a shit about that bowl" after each of those games. I tell you, those blue blood programs sure are picky about the bowls that truly motivate them.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hell, people said the same thing about Kirk Ferentz not too long ago. I think he's at the right place and — one way or another — Iowa will be his last head coaching gig.

Draft saved Draft deleted