1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Aug 6, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I've never participated in a fantasy league before, but there's a first for everything.

I invite anyone who'd like to play to join my league, which was just created at CBSsportsline.com.

The league ID is SportsJournalists.com Fantasy Football, I believe. The password is heisman. Please don't play unless you're serious about it.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Never been in a college football fantasy pool but I'm in the house. Sheridan Bruins representin' community colleges in Ontario!

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

This will be my first time too. Now I just need to come up with a better name.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'm in. Should be interesting. Never did a college league before.

I get all MAC players right? :D

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe this is a sign of the Apocalypse.

6. HeinekenMan

I started to rank my players today. I know the names of about 12 different college football players. But it turns it that it's a little more difficult than that. Rather than actual player names, we're given choices between West Virginia QB and Florida State RB and so forth. Each one appears to show stats from last year, and those stats match the actual players. So it's a bit more convoluted than I had expected, but it will be fine once you draft and decode which names you'll be watching for on Saturdays.

By the way, I set the draft for 1 p.m. Eastern on Monday. I figure that's as good a time as any.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'll join in tonight or tomorrow.

They can't use the names...it's just like a college video game, really.

8. HeinekenMan

Three slots left.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm in.

Is this the first time a player wearing a Rainbow on their helmet will be sought after?

10. HeinekenMan

He won't be sought after for long. I'll be snapping him up. But, no, it wouldn't be the first time. There have been other great Hawaii QBs.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. All the MAC players in Washtenaw County.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But was there such a thing as Fantasy College Football back then?

This should be fun to say the least.

Draft saved Draft deleted