1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 4, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

West should have figured that any program that hired him isn't serious about their commitment to football.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Didn't want this to go by unnoticed. Well done.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I posted it on the running board, but your last chance to see Al Groh in Virginia gear is this afternoon. Chris Petersen is the favorite to replace him.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see what happens at Akron. They just opened a new on-campus stadium this year and their indoor facility is probably the nicest in the MAC. With all the talent in NE Ohio this could become a premier job in that conference really quick.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Yes, I thought so as well.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If Chris Peterson is available I can't see him going to Virginia.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Only in a fool's mind is Petersen the favorite to go to Virginia. He's not leaving Boise, unless it's for Oregon.

9. derwood

derwood Active Member

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I don't doubt Meyer will jump ship when the time is right, but he'd want to go to a place he could win. There's not a choice situation like, in recent years, San Diego or Baltimore -- teams with playoff talent looking to get over the hump.

Oakland, Cleveland and Jacksonville? He's better off winning nine games with a defense-free Florida team and testing the waters next year.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

There's smoke in Charlottesville and Boise. On a side note, Petersen to Oregon would be kind of awkward, huh?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Actually, there's no smoke in Boise, at all.

And why would him going to Oregon be awkward? He was an assistant there for eons.

Draft saved Draft deleted