1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, the season's getting started already at some lower-division schools (NAIA, etc.). So I guess it's fair game and since I didn't see it on the board already, I thought let's get it going.

UNC? UCLA? Memphis?

Tyler Hansbrough player of the year? How good will Derrick Rose be??

Discuss. Have fun!

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Tyler Hansbrough is the Brett Favre of college basketball.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He just loves the game? He has so much fun on the court?

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Only if Memphis makes it out of that brutal C-USA schedule...

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I like Memphis. Two straight Elite Eight appearances, both close losses, show the Tigers are more than simply a weak schedule, they could be a Final Four team.

And of course, I like the Jayhawks. :D

6. Hammer Pants

Oh, I agree. I was just crackin' on Tiger High a little. Any team with Willie Kemp as the BACKUP point guard should be pretty awesome.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's addicted to painkilllers?

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I think the C-USA sked actually might help Memphis. No team is more rested come tourney time, not even freaking Gonzaga. But the conference will have about six teams capable of beating Memphis on any given night. I think they'll slip once in conference.

Mystery team of the year: Kansas. Lots of talent, but key guys coming off injuries. They could win it all or could fall out of the Top 25.

9. Hammer Pants

Kansas and Tennessee are the two I can't figure out where to put.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kansas ought to be top five, and I don't say that for fanboy reasons. Even if Rush isn't completely healthy until January for the Big 12 schedule (and KU will take its time with him, not rushing it), they still have Sherron Collins, Mario Chalmers and Russell Robinson returning in the backcourt.

They only lost Julian Wright, which sucks, but they should still be fine with Darrell Arther (possible top-10 NBA pick next year), Darnell Jackson, Sasha Kaun and McDonald's All-American Cole Aldrich.

I like this team, even if it's going to leave me disappointed come March, like always.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Oz, I'm in the same boat. Hard not to pick Kansas as a top five team all year. Come March? We'll see.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Smart wins.

Memphis needs to prove a little more in the brains department to me before I start taking them over UNC, UCLA, Kansas and the other usual suspects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.