1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 17, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Missed shot, rebound, foul, one-for-two at the line.

What's the longest the clock has ever run without stopping in a Big East game? 97 seconds?

What's the team record for assists in a Big East game? 13?

I know I'm exaggerating, but Christ it is tough to watch. It's like watching a fat man eat at Golden Corral.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Watched any Big Ten ball lately?

Uglier, uglier, uglier.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

At least equal, norm.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Georgetown is not fun to watch, I'll give you that.

5. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Neither is Texas A&M. Good heavens they are bad. 4 points in nine minutes?

EDIT: Ok, so the officials have completely blown 2 goaltending calls against Texas. So the Aggies should have 11. Sorry.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Infinitely more fun than the chippy horseshit crap JTIII's dad taught.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Gillispie's old team is playing offense like Gillispie's current team.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I made sure to DVR the Texas A&M-Texas game, thinking it would be worth watching. I'm probably going to just delete it, I saw enough glancing at the TV from time to time at work.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think I may have managed to cover games in two of Division I basketball's smallest "arenas" this season. Gotta love low-major hoops ...

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/?p=4041">It's good to see another Roy vs. K smackdown going on. </a> UNC released an extensive injury list before its game against Virginia Tech. After Duke's loss to Wake Forest, Krzyzewski said in an interview on the Duke radio network regarding Nolan Smith:

Roy Williams reacted during his radio show by saying that coaches should "coach their own damn team." The audio of that is on the link above. The beauty of it is that neither mentions the other coach or school by name but there's no doubt who they're talking about.

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Not going to defend his errors and sloppiness, but that doesn't change the fact that he's more connected than just about anybody out there. I've edited some of the best hoops guys in the country and he's not alone in his need for an editor. Some of the best guys are among the worst technically.

Micro -- how credible do you think those Bennett-to-Indiana rumors are? He'd be a perfect fit there though I have a buddy -- also well connected -- who says it will never happen because of what happened to his sis.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, the two you were at are the smallest and the fourth smallest. But you got to see some exciting basketball, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted