1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Oct 12, 2018.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is there a more disingenuous and corrupt college sports conference than the ACC and basketball? Syracuse, where the head coach lacks institutional control. UNC which creates fraudulent courses to cover for the academic inadequacies if it’s players. Duke, which ships it players off to a local college to take watered down classwork. And where players are coached to play dirty and attempt to injure other players. Louisville, importing whores because the not even the local Co-Eds will screw the recruits. Pitt Syracuse Notre Dame Miami Va Tech. That’s ACC basketball?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gus Johnson special @ MSG.

Seton Hall and Kentucky each hit a crazy three at the end of regulation -- Kentucky's from halfcourt at the buzzer -- and we're going to OT.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

given Mike Krzyzewski's long tenure at Duke, his large salary and shoe company money and other income over time at Duke, its pretty clear that no southern white man has made so much money off the uncompensated labor of black men since the Civil War

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Rick Barnes for President. That is all.

Stoney and TigerVols like this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Admiral Schofield for Defense Secretary!

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There were KU fans who were upset the Jayhawks didn't look good enough in beating Tennessee. No, any win against that team is a very good win.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He made a ton of money off uncompensated labor of white guys, too, since for many years Duke was the destination for the top white talent in the country. Bilas, Ferry, Reddick, Allen, Hurley, etc.

I'd say Nick Saban is in the running for that award, too.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How are they feeling about squeaking past New Mexico State at home?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What's the local college in the Duke reference? Are you referring to the Magic Eligibility of Marvin Bagley? I think that was done online.
    At any rate, the whole one-and-done migration to Duke is disturbing.
    Syracuse is a corrupt enterprise in which the 70-something coach has run off at least two chancellors.
    University-6, propped up for years by Trumpist White Supremacist Pizza and so thoroughly corrupt that it's literally paying recruits in cash eight weeks after being put on probation for hiring hookers, is something out of a Dan Jenkins novel.
    The gateway drug was Miami. Once you decide you can take an institution that is under NCAA-related sanction as a part of doing business about half the time, your standards are done.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think the local college is the Duke reference is North Carolina Central. I thought Duke had a cross registration program with North Carolina Central. The program allows Duke basketball players to take classes at NC Central.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think enough came out at the Adidas trial to conclude that the Duke players are compensated. Unless you believe Zion Williamson really went to Duke for "the brotherhood".

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It is NC Central. And to be fair, I don't think it's basketball-only, and it may not even be Duke-only.

Draft saved Draft deleted