1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you're traveling from Baton Rouge or New Orleans to Monroe, it's about a 4-5 hour drive. Unless you're a masochist who insists on taking only two-lane roads, only the first and last hour are spent in Louisiana.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

My daily commute most days has me leaving home in Missouri, crossing the Missouri River into Kansas, then crossing the Kaw River back into Missouri and my office location.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Furman has now beaten half of last year’s Final Four in their own gyms.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Second year in a row in which a SoCon team has won on the defending NCAA champion's home court. Wofford at UNC last year.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, last year's Final Four teams have two losses, both to Furman.

And UVa has taken out some frustration on Baltimore-area mid majors thus far.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I just love unedited copy. From philly.com

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Zion is so damn fast and strong. I just don’t think the kid can shoot outside of 10 feet.

It’s almost like he has the potential to be another Barkley.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Is his golf game *that* bad?

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Great game in Maui today, and a huge win for Gonzaga ... BUT their fans need to look at the calendar and realize it's November. Still, first-ever win over Duke, and a matchup Zag fans have been drooling over for months went their way.

Clarke and Hachimura had quite the block party in the final minutes, allowing the Zags to hang on. Hopefully they can get their game back to this level in March, after a couple months of playing WCC patsies.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing about Gonzaga's win is - if they take care of business in the WCC they'll be a 1 or 2 seed no matter what. Knowing that in November is comforting for a mid-major.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Zion looks like he could be one of the greatest pass rushing OLBers or DEs in the history of the NFL.

I have not looked this up at all, but I wonder if concussions had something to do with his future career choice.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Basketball has the most guaranteed $$$$$$ for a star

Draft saved Draft deleted