1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Anybody get to Grundy when they still had a yellow stop sign?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I thought the time I had to go to Tazwell, then cut across West Virginia to get to Blacksburg was something.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

For a work trip for my not-newspapers employer, I had to go to Wallops Island, Virginia.

90 miles from my office as the crow flies. A 4-hour trip to the Beltway, through Annapolis, and then down the DelMarVa by car.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Next door to Assawoman.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Big Stone! You can get to Indianapolis from there as quickly as you can get to Richmond.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

One of the great facts in all of geography: closer to the capital of 10 other states than it is to its own state's capital.

Batman and Justin_Rice like this.
  7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Not quite as amazing, but the closest state capital to Elkhart, Kansas, is Santa Fe, N.M. Oklahoma City and Denver are also significantly closer than Topeka.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait, which city is this? I'm a sucker for bar bets.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

From Wikipedia:

Big Stone Gap is closer to the state capitals of seven other states than it is to Richmond, VA, its own state capital, with regards to highway mileage. The other state capitals are Columbus, OH; Frankfort, KY; Charleston, WV; Nashville, TN; Raleigh, NC; Columbia, SC; and Atlanta GA. Additionally Indianapolis, Indiana is only six miles farther from Big Stone Gap than Richmond.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Four games into the Jeff Capel era at Pitt and there's already more reason for hope than we ever had with Kevin Stallings. More than likely staring at a losing record again this year - especially in the ACC - but I could see this team being much better in a year or two.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have the day off, went out and got a fucking haircut and a beard trim, now watching some Hokies basketball at 11 a.m. Love it.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Big Stone Gap, VA

Draft saved Draft deleted