1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Oct 12, 2018.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not current Ga Tech, which, given its personnel issues at this point, is a mediocre SoCon team. That could get ugly.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

NCSU saw its shadow. 9-for-54 from the field. 2-for-28 from 3.

Guess the Brickyard renovation is now ahead of schedule ...

maumann likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Worst FG % performance in ACC history.
    Fewest points (both combined and by a single team) in ACC history during the shot-clock era.
    Fewest points by any team since the 12-10 ACC Tournament game in 1968, in fact.

If you had told the Hokies they'd beat a ranked ACC team on the road by 23, they'd have been thrilled. The problem is that they only scored 47 in their first game without Justin Robinson, who is absolutely tremendous as a conductor of the show. Out six weeks, which means the selection committee is going to have an interesting seeding decision if the Hokies struggle down the stretch. Do you seed them based on their recent play or with the knowledge that the team headed into the field will probably be better than the one that struggled? (Again, basing this on the presumption of difficulty in February.)

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The schedule is at least favorable in February ... UVa and Duke are at home, and the toughest roadie is Florida State. Still play Georgia Tech, at Clemson, at Pitt, at Notre Dame and vs. Miami too. That's manageable, even with the short roster. I don't think the Hokies will nosedive. I'm guessing a 4 seed, based on SOS.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Did BC have the single team record from when they almost didn't score in the first half? Cannot find the game, but I think the team's lone basket came in the last 3 minutes.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I could watch a loop of this for the rest of my life.
    [​IMG]

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

What in the hell is happening here? There's not a second of this that makes any sense.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's fitting that the score read "0-0"

If the Tennessee men's and women's basketball teams truly have swapped universes . . . that's cool.

11. poindexter

I honestly watched it maybe fifty times yesterday.
    The bigger defender made a motion that she was going to stop ball. So the other girl went to cover the wing. The first girl didn't bother to cover ball.

The blown layup that hit the bottom of the iron? I have no explanation.

12. poindexter

After the Vandy girl blew the layup, her body language says "tired".

There are 45 seconds gone in the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted