1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

OU - 84.5?

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

First to 50.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I still laugh at Luckie running Huggins at KU last year.
    Luckie and Higgins on dick measuring contest that night.
    No T. Whack. Get out.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And Gonzaga pulls away late to defeat San Francisco 96-83. Game was tied at 70 with 9:05 left.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was 81-81 with 2 minutes left. Gonzaga hit two 3-pointers to start a 15-2 run to end the game, capped off by a soul-crushing one-handed alley-oop dunk with seven seconds left.
    Thanks to the advice of @Cosmo I took San Francisco +9.5 in a three-team, late night parlay with Arizona (blew out Cal) and Saint Mary's (covered against Loyola Marymount).
    So that didn't hurt at all. Not one bit.

I also went 4-1 on a five-teamer earlier in the day. Bombed the pick on Arizona State, but nailed Texas Tech, Kansas, LSU and Vanderbilt. So this has been one of those days where I almost won about $400 to one where I'm thankful to win $20.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was watching the shit Caps-Blues snoozefest, so I missed Syracuse rallying to beat Duke in OT at Cameron. Last I had checked, Duke was up nine in the second half.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really nothing better to watch than a disappointed Duke fan.

[​IMG]

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Jeff Capel is breathing life into Pitt basketball that probably hasn't been seen since around 2o11.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Duke is not a top-notch shooting team. Explains more than 40 3-point attempts ... that and Boeheim's matchup zone. Tony Bennett's packline isn't going to be any easier inside.

Not sure Jeff Capel will able to do much more given the level of talent in Pittsburgh. But he has already given them more hope and optimism than they ever had under Kevin Stallings. Granted, a really low bar to clear, but the optimism will help if they get overwhelmed at times in ACC play.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Duke tied the ACC record for 3 FGA in a game with 43. Probably broke the record for misses (34).
    WIth all that, you'd think they somehow ignored Williamson in the middle. He got 35 points. They were without two starters who were replaced by guys who do nothing but shoot 3-pointers. No real point guard without Jones in there to direct things.
    Still, to give up 95 points to a Syracuse team that was lifeless and hopeless against wretched Georgia Tech 48 hours earlier is absurd.

I've been saying Syracuse would suck for most of the season and weasel its way into the tournament. I may be right for a change.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Jack White was abysmal last night. Alex O’Connell wasn’t ready for the minutes. Having Reddish back will push at least one of them back to the bench.

Who runs point now? Barrett? Zion in the Anthony Mason role?

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We weren't expecting a miracle, just to see some progression. Stallings made up for being a lousy coach by being even worse with personnel. He ran off all of Dixon's players to bring in his own, who would have probably would have been better off at NAIA schools. To be able to hang with ranked teams again is encouraging and should help recruiting.

Draft saved Draft deleted