1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Internship

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Orange26, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Orange26

Orange26 New Member

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone would know anything more about this possible internship opportunity and if it seems legitimate. I found it on workinsports.com but can't find anything else out about it. If anyone knows anything, I would appreciate some more information.

Here's what I found:
    http://www.workinsports.com/wisJoinApplyFeedView.asp?idx=32601

College Basketball Writer/Intern

Job Description:

We are a new college basketball website that features game stories, columns, standings, RPI, bracket predictions, NBA mock draft, player rankings, and more. We currently cover a lot of big college basketball games, but we would like to expand our staff to cover games all over the country.

We are looking for young, ambitious writers who love sports, especially college basketball. We prefer college students or recent college graduates who want to gain experience, writing samples, and/or college credits. This job will be unpaid, so we would like writers who either go to a major college basketball school or live near one.

Please e-mail your resume. We are looking for people who would be willing to start immediately and work until the end of the college basketball season (March). With this job, you will get media credentials for the games we want you to cover. You would have to write game stories which include covering the press conference and getting coach and player quotes. You would be required to submit the article within a couple hours of the end of the game. You could also write columns whenever you feel necessary. Please e-mail me with any questions.

Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted