1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 12, 2016.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jamie Dixon thinking about bolting Pitt for TCU? Okay - I get it, he's not feeling the love and wants more money and security - but Stanford would make more sense than TCU - even if it is his alma mater.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dixon has been mentioned previously in connection with the UCLA job, which could open next year. (Should have opened this year.) Being at Stanford would take him out of the running for that.

I don't think Stanford in pay or prestige would be the kind of job someone would jump from Pitt for.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Hey, look what a stint at TCU did for Jim Christian...

Oh. Oh. Sorry. Don't look. Don't stare directly at Boston College basketball.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I like Jamie and won't root against him the way I do notorious asshat Todd Graham, but things have gotten stale at Pitt in the past few seasons and his career is almost a mirror image of that of another semi-successful Pitt coach - Paul Evans. When Evans had John Calipari on his staff the recruiting and player development was stellar, with Charles Smith, Jerome Lane, Brian Shorter, etc. When Calipari left for a better job the recruiting dropped off fantastically and it just barely making the tournament only to be bounced in the first round became the norm. Same thing with Dixon when he had Barry Rohhrsen on his staff. When Barry was at Pitt he was able to land New York kids (playing in the Big East where you were guaranteed at least three trip to NYC a year helped as well). Now that he's gone - and now that Pitt's in the ACC, - that access is all but shut down.

I also don't think Jaime and the new administration saw eye to eye.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is kind of amazing that since Dixon's first year, Pitt has had Wlat, wannstedt, (Haywood), graham, chryst and narduzzi cycle through the football offices.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Larry Shyatt's the bed in Laramie.

/lame

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What really surprised me is how Kansas State has stayed pat and done nothing.......with the fire still smoldering between Currie and Underwood, figured that wouldn't happen.......they are going to be bad for as long as Weber is still there.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

...unless the Rutgers Admin fuck it up first, starting with their Prez.

Here's hoping that the new AD new FB coach, and Pikiell have better luck and success than the asshats before them...and they understand that they are Rutgers, not Michigan. Slow and steady is the way to go at RU.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

At least he'll get paid. Which is more than he'd have been able to say at Stony Brook.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Reports say Johnny Dawkins is headed to Central Florida.

Draft saved Draft deleted