1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 12, 2016.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I modeled my game as a hybrid of Eric Pauly and Dave Johanning.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

As an alumnus of both Kansas and Hutchinson Community College, as well as a former Sandbar patron, I wish I could like a SJ.com David Johanning reference more than once!

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Downtown Terry Brown would like to know why Downtown Terry Brown wasn't mentioned as well.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Because my dad would have killed me if I tried shooting with the ball cocked over my head like that. :p

Chef2 likes this.
  5. exmediahack

Worked in Lawrence in one of my first jobs. Didn't even realize that Johanning owned the place. Just wondered who the tall guy was at The Sandbar.

Greg Dreiling was actually my favorite KU post player. I've interviewed two presidents, two kings and I was most nervous when I interviewed Big Greg twenty years ago.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How long before Illinois' John Groce joins the list? And while we're at it, LSU's Johnny Jones?

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

ESPN reports Oklahoma State and Travis Ford will "part ways," the suddenly popular euphemism for getting whacked. I hereby endorse the concept of Buzz Williams to Stillwater.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

TCU whacked their coach overnight, so the battle for Buzz is on.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is a strange one to say the least, but Cal could emerge as an unexpected job opening.

An assistant coach was fired for sexual harassment today. This is becoming a huge issue at the university, where three other high-ranking men -- a famous astronomy professor, the vice chancellor for research, and the law school's dean -- have resigned in the past year for the same reason. In this case, Cal officials acknowledge that the investigation is part of the reason Cuonzo Martin is finishing his second season of working not with a signed contract but under the terms of the offer sheet he received in April 2014.

Cal basketball assistant coach fired in sexual harassment case

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Buzz aint going to Ft Worth.

11. exmediahack

This is bizarre. How in the world has Martin gone two years without even having a contract?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's crazy. Lots and lots of turmoil all over that athletic department and university.

Draft saved Draft deleted