1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 12, 2016.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I thought it was right on target. Brown leaves rubbish in his wake. Again.
    America's highest paid migrant worker.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I meant the criticism of the timing. It would be unBrown like, but maybe he wanted to go out quietly. I can't imagine he was looking to upstage the police killings.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think anyone making an issue of this coming down the day after the shooting is reaching too hard.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Unless I'm overlooking it, there's no announcement of Brown's retirement/resignation on the SMU website. A new head coach is listed on the basketball roster, but there's nothing about Brown leaving.

He must have burned every single bridge he could have.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ended the column with a couple of hard kicks, which is nice:

SMU basketball will go on without Larry Brown. Perhaps not as successfully, but that’s OK. The school did not need to handcuff itself for five years to a 75-year-old repeat rules violator – who, on a black Friday in Dallas, failed to understand his small place in the world.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just in time for LB to sign on as a special consultant for the Olympic team.

Just in case Krzyzewski needs advice on how to lose 53-51 to Lower Dirtbagistan.

Then it will be interesting to see next January/February, which preseason-favorite team scuttling around in 5th-7th playoff position dumps their coach and rolls LB out of the icebox for one final go-round.

Draft saved Draft deleted