1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 19, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So John Brady lands at Arkansas State to get things rolling. I'm trying to figure who Oregon State is going to land. I'm hoping for anyone from Dan Monson from Long Beach to Rick Majerus tired of feeling stifled at St. Louis. And yes, I realize Mike Montgomery is a pipe dream, but I'd settle for a Steve Lavin.
    Anybody hear anything?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Jim Larranaga is a name being talked about in Providence.

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Indiana is the big fish out there this offseason ... Dan Dakich is not going to be the permanent coach.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dear God, make this so.

Career jamoke with one lucky run would get eaten alive in the Big East.

Then again, there'd be no one left for me to hate if he leaves.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think he likes it in Fairfax though. He probably gets free meals at Kevin Grevey's overpriced sports bar, has become a cult favorite in the DC area, and gets to tell you to suck it every single year in ways that Eliot Spitzer only dreamed about.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's also, according to people who don't hate the guy with an unhealthy passion, turning into an egomanaical dickwad. So maybe his pride (ha!) gets the best of him and he goes and gets his ass pummeled at Providence for four years and gets fired with a couple million in the bank.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Chicago papers are talking about Scott Skiles as a possibility, one reason being he lives in Bloomington. So that also makes legitimate candidates out of John Mellencamp, Rex Grossman and the Dalai Lama's brother.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Steve Alford, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I keep hearing Bruce Pearl is dying to get the Indiana job, for whatever it's worth.

10. accguy

accguy Member

BYH will be happy to know that I rocked the Hofstra shirt at the gym last night from my "secret santa". Who do you think that was from?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I love you, man, but nothing is further from the truth. Remains a great guy. Got in touch with me when I made the job change. Had no reason to do so, I hadn't covered his team in about five years.

12. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

I'd be surprised if Larranaga went anywhere at this point.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with VCU's Anthony Grant. Is he headed for LSU?

Draft saved Draft deleted