1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You could build a pretty good hoops league out of former Valley members even without any of the current Big 12 schools.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Ralph Miller could also be a candidate.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Kreklow's son currently plays for a Valley team.

I doubt he will ever collect as many NBA championship rings as Wayne has, though.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Allen beats out Iba because of the legacy he created. Crum really does not work because Louisville left the conference in 1974 so he only coached in the Valley a couple of years. Probably Allen because of the legacy he created. Kansas is still a basketball powerhouse.

And I did this list off the top of my head and then checked to see when the schools were in the conference. I forgot Oklahoma A@M did not join the Big Eight until 1956. Bob Kurland should be my second team center, replacing Sam Lacey.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I yield to the Midwesterners here but a team that could have Chet Walker on it but doesn't seems fraudulent to this Philadelphian.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I like watching the post-game handshakes to see if there is any interaction between the coaches. St. Mary's at BYU and USC at UCLA tonight, total drive-bys. Coaches didn't even even break stride.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Those first three may be going back soon.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  8. Jake_Taylor

Looking more and more likely Bruce Weber is going to be gone after this season, and a year too late for K-State to get Brad Underwood.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That's on K-State thinking this year would be any different. They weren't bold enough to go from a coach with a history of walking into good programs and making them worse into a guy like Underwood who has been the opposite.

10. Jake_Taylor

My biggest fear is that when Hoiberg gets the ax in Chicago he will want to go back to college, but is too good a guy to push his friend out of the Iowa State job. So to be relatively close to home he takes either the K-State or Mizzou gig.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The longer I think about it the more he feels like a fit at IU.

12. Jake_Taylor

I agree. He'd do well there. His history with the Pacers might even help some in state.

Draft saved Draft deleted