1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

On Wednesday, Michael Porter Jr. of Seattle -- formerly of Columbia, Mo. -- was named Gatorade's national player of the year.
    On Thursday morning, Washington -- having fired Lorenzo Romar -- released Porter from his letter of intent.
    On Thursday afternoon, Missouri hired Michael Porter Sr. as an assistant coach.
    On Friday, Porter Jr. committed to Mizzou.
    On some future day, his brother Jontay -- ESPN's #26 recruit in the Class of 2018 -- will decide whether to finish high school early and enroll at Mizzou next fall with his brother.

Mizzou is having a better tournament than if they had actually made the tournament.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Sure, given their tournament history...

4. LongTimeListener

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So does that first name rhyme with 'viking' or 'wicking'?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So Cal will suck for two years, pull the plug on the internal promotion and hope by then that the academic restrictions are somehow rescinded and they can find somebody willing to take the gig.
    Oklahoma State also made an internal promotion. Same deal minus the academic part.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We've all seen this before.......translation.......let's see what UCLA wants to do on an extension......

UCLA's Alford: Not interested in Indiana job

I'm thinking people in and around Wichita, Kansas are suddenly very nervous right now.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As are bartenders and, from what I saw last weekend, hairspray wholesalers.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I wanted to see Gottlieb get the Pokes job but I could imagine how cranky that could have made the coaching industry.

Not that different than when a TV station hires some low-level reality TV star to anchor newscasts. It pisses all of us off when it happens.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Gottlieb is moving to Fox Sports next month anyway which means I will soon be rid of my only exposure to him, those smug 60-second editorials CBS Sports Radio inexplicably runs most afternoons during commercial breaks. Nothing like treacly morality from an admitted thief to make you grind your teeth into powder.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've got a good friend that covers them......I need to find out if she is that much of a psycho at home too......

12. LongTimeListener

Draft saved Draft deleted