1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Basketball Beat Writer -- Binghamton, NY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Sep 3, 2009.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Active Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1094241

Another Division I beat opens up. Good thing or bad thing?

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

It's certainly part of the weeding-out process ... but the wording of that just strikes a nerve.

I don't believe this individual will travel, but as referenced, the off-the-court issues with Broadus' team will at least give you something to do when not on the road.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Another Gannett shop. What's up with the Big G?

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

My guess is Gannett cut too much in some places and opened up a few jobs... emphasis on a few.

Binghamton is a beautiful area, about a couple hours from Cooperstown.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Binghamton is a beautiful area? Since when? It's just another in the long line of towns in the Rust Belt that have seen much better days.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Have you seen the scenery around Binghamton? When I say that, I don't necessarily talk about the town... I talk about stuff to do. Baseball HOF is about an hour and a half away on a good day, for example.

Regardless, people will differ. Good luck in the search and may this thread end well. :)

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Well, the good news is that you're 3.5 hours away from NYC and just 90 minutes from Scranton.

8. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

If anybody has any questions about this gig or the shop, PM me.

9. llcharlie

llcharlie Member

How much is the jack?

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Drop by the office when you're in Scranton. Michael would love to see you. :)

11. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

Scranton's more like an hour away (depending on how bad the construction back-ups on 81 are). You can make it to New York in 3 hours, and Philly's about the same. And yes, Cooperstown's about an hour and a half away.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Fargo is only a few hours away.

Draft saved Draft deleted