1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball 2009-10 running thread No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I wasn't. But yeah, I thought the 5th-best scoring offense from 2008-09 might come to play. Obviously not.

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Cal State Fullerton just beat UCLA, at UCLA, in double OT. Hell of an entertaining game.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

South Carolina Upstate (yes, Upstate) took Indiana to the wire before dropping one by just 8.

http://upstatespartans.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/ucscu-m-baskbl-body.html

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yeah, that got the "24 Hours of B-Ball" off to a great start.

Great finish to that game (unless you're a Bruins fan).

5. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

I changed the channel when dude double-dribbled in the first OT. Full of fail. Regardless, I saw enough crappy UCLA to know they ain't goin to the tournament this year.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Agate - If UCLA misses the NCAA Tourney (I can't believe they are that bad), does the heat start to warm up under Ben Howland's seat? I mean, I know he's been to a few Final Fours, but he hasn't won a championship and this would be a second year of a backwards step? Or is he more likeable than Steve Lavin to the administration and alumni out there so he'll get a longer leash?

Also, I was looking at betting lines - can someone explain how in the world Iowa can be this bad that they are underdogs to Duquesne - at Iowa? Are they really that bad?

7. Songbird

give me iowa and the points at home.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think Howland would have to string together several 10-20 type seasons together to get in real trouble. The problem with Lavin is that the program went WAAAAY south on him and he was consistently losing to the San Diegos and Northern Arizonas of the world at Pauley. Plus, he had lost L.A. in terms of recruiting, which was one of the first things Howland re-established.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Who forgot to vote for Gonzaga this year? Taking it to Sparty right now.

10. Songbird

zags pissed they were 11-point dogs.

(memories of that maui semifinal battle still linger; ager and morrison were in a different stratosphere that night.)

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It's a shame that Tennessee didn't come out to play tonight against UNC-Asheville.

12. Songbird

damn shame.

Draft saved Draft deleted