1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball 2009-10 running thread No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Big Ten is deep. No real bad teams. Penn State and Northwestern have been better lately than in years past.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tipoff ... 6 a.m.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

He might not be so far off. I can't imagine any scenarios where I would watch a St. Peter's-Monmouth game. But it'll be on while I'm on the treadmill in the morning, so I'm sure I'll tune into that instead of Sportscenter or whatever talking heads are on CNN.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I just saw an interesting anecdote related to this. Apparently Rotnei Clarke shoots 300 3 pointers after every practice is over. On the Wednesday and Thursday before the game on Friday he made 275 and 281.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If anyone wants to see a really high-scoring game, turn on ESPNU at 11 p.m. EST. Texas State @ Arizona State.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yo, Calipari ... tell your team to wake up.

7. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Kentucky rallies by Miami of Ohio, 72-70.
    John Wall hits a pull-up jumper with 0.5 seconds left for the game-winner.
    Cats appeared to foul on the desperation three at the buzzer, no call.

Winbush from Miami hit eight 3s.

Miami tied the score at 70 on a looooong 3 (similar to the one Louisville's Edgar Sosa hit to beat UK last year).

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

No "real bad" teams in the Big Ten?

Is Iowa still in the Big Ten?

My goodness - they were (Walton voice) HORRIBLE last night in their 12-point loss to Texas-San Antonio in Iowa City.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I almost got my New Year's wish six weeks early. Dammit, Miami. So close!

10. Crash

Crash Active Member

Is it me, or does it seem like every year, a mid-major team walks into Rupp Arena and some guy no one has ever heard of flat lights up the gym? Of course, the Gardner-Webb/San Diego/VMI trio of the Gillispie era is easy to remember, but it seems like it happened to Tubby Smith's UK teams as well (Penn State's Crispin brothers come immediately to mind).

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I assume you are joking, unless Herb Sendek is no longer coaching at Arizona State

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Expect this all year long. Butler/Lickliter Ball is not working so well in the Big 10. My early impression of this squad is that Matt Gatens needs to be the guy to lead this team and take more shots, and not pass it up to his teammates all of the time. Cully Payne has to play mistake-free at PG, and there isn't anything else I can think of.

If they win 10 games, it's a miracle.

Draft saved Draft deleted