1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball 2009-10 running thread No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. mb

mb Active Member

Make up whatever it is you want me to have said.

Wall missed a shorty in the lane. Wall airballed a 3. Let's not go acting like him (or any other Wildcat) hitting a 3 was certain.

2. mb

mb Active Member

Interesting numbers. Granted, they're pulled out of your ass, but they're interesting.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And let's not act as if you'd want to give him a shorty in the lane with the game on the line or a 3-pointer, either.

The variable is this - sometimes even the best players miss.

Which is why you play percentages -- and the percentages are overwhelmingly in favor of fouling at the end and taking your chances with a made free throw, a missed free throw with a perfect bounce and a putback (or in this case, a second missed shot that has a perfect bounce and a putback).....

4. mb

mb Active Member

The ONLY think I think about the situation is this ...

In the past I was ALWAYS in the you-must-foul camp. Now, I can at least consider a scenario where you take your chances with the other team taking a contested 3.

Tomorrow? I'll probably be back in the you-must-foul camp.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Florida?
    Illinois?
    Minnesota?
    Virginia Tech?

How many of those four make it?

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

He definitely deserves consideration -- especially after willing his team to the Big 10 tourney title.

And regarding Minnesota and Illinois on the bubble, I think the nod goes to Minnesota. They reached the title game and won the regular-season matchup in Champaign.

7. mb

mb Active Member

Can the answer be none of them? Honestly, the "bubble teams" this year seem exceptionally weak. In the past, I've always felt pretty strongly that somebody got screwed. But I'll have a hard time working up any indignation over any of those four being left out.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My guess? Minnesota for sure, Illinois maybe. Florida and VaTech are out.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Jeez, we don't even know the teams and already I hate CBS.

Just say no to 96.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted