1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball 2009-10 running thread No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

OK, well let's use 25 percent -- that is still a lot better chance than all of the stuff that needs to happen in the foul scenario.

And when they absolutely needed one - John Wall hit one to seal the game, which means, he clearly had the stones to hit one under pressure.

That being said -- totally off subject -- is there a bigger douche on television THAN/THEN Doug Gottlieb?

That dude is such a little self-important snot nose I can't stand listening to him. (I know, I know THEN DON'T!!!)

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Oh, and OSU may lack depth, but a team that has the four guards of Turner/Buford/Diebler/Lighty is going to be a mighty tough out at any point in the tournament.

4. zagoshe

Would this be the end of Minnesota?

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm really interested to see how the committee handles them and Mississippi State. I think if you include one, you probably have to include the other. Neither of them came into their tournaments even really on the bubble.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I was wondering if playing this late helps or hurts a Minnesota?

Right now, the entire room is watching Minnesota fall apart. That can't be good, right? Would they have been better off doing this last night?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would think MSU pushing Kentucky to the last second has to look better than Minnesota losing by 20.

Buford mouths off to the ref, gets a T and stays on the floor? Damn, that is a players coach.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Actually, when they REALLY needed one, he uncorked an airball that Cousins laid in to send the game to OT. And the possession before that, he came up short on a runner in the lane.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Evan Turner, in my mind, is the easy choice for player of the year in the country. He finished first in the Big Ten in points and rebounds and second in assists. I don't think any other player does nearly as much for his team.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would have let Bledsoe shoot the 3. And I would be in the tournament right now with an automatic bid after he missed and someone hit one free throw to seal it. Kentucky is not a good 3-point shooting team. I would take my chances with the 3 as opposed to what happened -- especially since that team gets plenty of practice rebounding missed free throws by teammates.

11. zagoshe

So are you saying he is not a clutch player and if Kentucky is down late in games you wouldn't want the ball in his hands more than just about any other player in the country?

That's what I thought.

12. zagoshe

Once again for the cheap seats....
    Option A - 36 percent
    Option B - Less than 5 percent.

And the fact that there is still someone trying to make a case for Option A proves that some people will argue for or against anything no matter how asinine their side of the argument is

Draft saved Draft deleted