1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Collectors:A lot of 29 issues of the National on sale at eBay for $30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No, this isn't my lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150646343670&autorefresh=true

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Since I've never actually seen the National, I might look into that.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I should mention there's less than an hour to go.

I'm tempted, but can;'t justify it right now for a couple of reasons.

4. imjustagirl

Yeah, I really can't either.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Give you $15.

6. imjustagirl

Was hanging out with an ex last week and I watched that show for the first time. He kept telling me about that dude's evil laugh.

The old dude was the only likeable person on that show.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I watch that show all the time.
    Rick's the only guy I can stand though. The fat son and the old man annoy me.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's weird what sells and what doesn't on eBay. I just moved, so I put a bunch of random crap on there. Someone paid me $10 for about 20 old video game manuals - none of them rare. It was stuff like the Game Boy and SNES system manuals. Meanwhile, textbooks still used at the Local State U have been sitting on half.com for 5+ years. If you're ever just going to chuck something, you might as well put it on eBay first to see if you can sell instead, provided it isn't some ungodly thing that'll cost you a ton to ship.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Love the show. Despite the theatrics, it's hugely educational, if you take it for what it is.

Barring getting Chum alone at the counter, only one of those guys I'd want to deal with is Rick. The old man's tough, and Corey's impossible. If I walked in with something substantial and I saw I was going to be stuck with Corey, I'd turn right around.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The GF gets mad because she thinks the people are getting shafted. I keep telling her: it's a business. They have overhead tocover and have to make a profit.
    Nobody is forced to take an antique rifle to the pawn shop. If you think it's worth more than the pawn shop offers, you can shop it around, contact collectors or take it to auction (where there's no guarantee you'll get what you want).

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

according to one of the graphics they show going to break, Cory actually does most of the buying.

Draft saved Draft deleted