1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

collection agency harassment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If people didn't buy flat_screen TVs and all that crap from Wal_Mart, China's economy would be in the dumper.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sorry, Writing, but if you're going to have this done to your foot (nice nail polish, btw ... loser) you can't expect the government to foot the bill. Pun intended.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

In the 90s, it was tattoos. In this decade, the "pussyfoot" is the mark of the would-be rebel.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Maybe it's different where you live, but I know quite a few people in the health care industry, and the benefits are spectacular.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The further removed from the patients, the better the loot.

7. writing irish

The invisible hand doesn't like to mop up urine, blood and excrement.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Well, duh. But even those who deal with the patients -- such as my wife, who's an RN -- are taken care of very well.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, my ex-wife is an RN and she had amazing benefits. Much better than the ones I have here at the paper, shocking I know.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nurses are in demand. Newspaper folks, less so.

11. writing irish

Nurses are in demand among newspaper folks.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

They may not call you at your place of business, if they have been doing that.

As far as the bill goes, grant them a pound of flesh every month -- a small one -- to show good faith.

As long as you are making some modest effort to pay, they shouldn't be fucking with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted