1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Collecting Jerseys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagles1 in London, Oct 27, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm kind of in the same situation, Buck. I've got a Piazza Mets jersey, circa 1999. And the only other jerseys I've ever owned were in sixth and eighth grade, respectively.

Sixth grade (1995):

[​IMG]

Eighth grade (1997):

[​IMG]

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I have a Zarley Zalapski No. 3 Whalers jersey that I purchased in the early 1990s, when he was on the team. It's a CCM, but doesn't have the fighting strap.

That gets broken out every now and then to the wonderment of the locals.

Also have a Basil McRae North Stars jersey, Rob Ramage Colorado Rockies jersey, among others.

Here's one I would love to have. Quebec Aces:

[​IMG]

3. I haven't bought a jersey of a current player since high school. The ones I get now are mainly novelty items, and this one is my favorite of the bunch:

[​IMG]

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I've got that one, albeit silkscreened, and I don't think I fit into it anymore. But a sweet jersey.

I also have a silkscreened Tony Gonzalez, but the damn dryer has worn the letters and numbers out.

I have a silkscreened Joe Montana Chiefs jersey I'm just waiting for an autograph opp.

Forgot to mention I picked up an Arizona Diamondbacks jersey at a garage sale about five years ago. No name or number, but what can you expect for $1?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

When I was younger I owned: Stackhouse with the 76ers, Carter with the Raptors, Jordan and a Marshall Faulk with the Colts jersey. I also had an O'Donnell one because I went as him for Halloween when I was like seven, that decision was almost as bad as the ones he made in Super Bowl XXX.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I thought this thread was about Alyssa Milano.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have four replica jerseys, all football:

1) A No. 3 white LSU football jersey bought when I graduated back in the late 90s. It's been a Kevin Faulk jersey, a Jerel Myers jersey, a Craig Davis jersey, and now a Chad Jones jersey. It never goes out of style! Only wear it to LSU games I go to, or special occasions (maybe one Saturday a year on the couch, or if I go to a bar for a big game, or something like that)
    2) A New Orleans VooDoo arena league jersey. Saw it on sale on a trip to N.O. for $10. Couldn't pass it up for the novelty value. Might wear it one Sunday a year.
    3) A Brian Dawkins Eagles jersey. Bought when they made it to the Super Bowl. I'll wear it if we go somewhere to watch football on Sunday.
    4) A Reggie Wayne jersey. Purchased on sale for $25 last year, when he was my favorite player on my fantasy team. The only one I'm hesitant to wear now, since he's no longer on my fantasy team and it makes me feel like a frontrunner.

Unlike some others, I don't have a problem with people wearing jerseys, even replicas, as long as it's in the right setting. The right setting being at a game, watching a game with friends or at a bar, or lounging on the couch on weekends. The wrong setting being just about anything else.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Personally, I am shocked HB didn't already post this:

[​IMG]

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence, while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports."

Draft saved Draft deleted