1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Collapse of the United States: Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Suicide
    Too many bills
    Hippies movin' to the hills.
    People all over the world are shouting,"End the war."
    And the band played on.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Shooting rockets to the moon, kids growing up too soon.

3. People movin' out.
    People movin' in
    and all because of the color of their skin.
    Run, run, run,
    but you sure can't hide...

4. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

We keep building homes for the rich and building cars that are bigger and flashier but not fuel-efficient. The middle class can't afford to buy a nice place anymore, and oh god how embarrassing it would be to drive a four-cylinder car that gets 40 mpg. What would your neighbors say?

Bigger isn't always better, and "the little people" deserve a shot at the American dream more than ever. There's no wonder the economy is taking a beating. The large volume of people who should be out there spending their discretionary funds and fueling the economy are inside trying to think of more ways to tighten their belts.

Generally speaking, of course. But you get the picture.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't think of it as a stock market slide, think of it like a sale on stocks!
    Fundamentals remain strong, of course Merrill Lynch just took a huge "write-down" (read LOSS) on housing. Citi Group took a bath and Exxon FREAKING EXXON! didn't meet expectations!

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Remain calm. All is well.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Are you two going to break into "Ebony and Ivory" next?

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Nahh. I'm prediciting Erasure's Chains of Love

10. In other words, do you want to be shot or stabbed?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Indeed I am. Thanks for clearing it up. It is strange because when oil is high, everyone in Texas is happy, but I sure as hell haven't seen anymore money. And our advertising department still can't sell, so I guess the boom is only good for a select few.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The general economy is fine, but not great. There are times to be conservative and there are times to be a little risky. This is not the time to be gambling with your investments.

Draft saved Draft deleted