1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Collapse of the United States: Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Diversify. Move your 401k and mutual funds into canned goods and ammo.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Just when I think I've seen it all at SportsJournalists.com, Snake Pliskin in an American Collapse thread...

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Dogs and cats living together.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Old people walking the streets with impunity.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

We're ok. The price of oil is going up, not down.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I've seen shit that will turn you white!

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

[​IMG]

9. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Enjoy insanely expensive gas this holiday season.

What to do with your funds? Spread them out. I'd say cash is king, but the shrinking US dollar would laugh at me. Don't worry, no real need to panic until 2010.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It really depends. Right now the economy, as a whole, isn’t complete rubbish. The parts that are shit are in housing and financials. While Financials does touch upon much of everything, I have found that there are a certain amount of items that can be used to hedge against the fear.

For one, you can select products that are more staples of the American economy. Ramon Noodles, for instance, are immensely popular. Whoever makes that product would be a good one to invest in, especially so if there are more poor people.

Also, when looking at companies, don’t just look overseas. You will never receive enough information on the foreign market, politics and general national conscious to properly make money on the stock. However, you do want a company that is diversified across the world. I haven’t looked into the movement of it, but Coca-Cola is a company that is known world wide. Their stock isn’t going to move at a rapid pace but it won’t really drop the way others have/are.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You need to turn off the TV and radio, get away from your computer and go outside for a while. Pet your dog, maybe.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Economic growth rate last quarter was 3.1 percent. Pretty good news. Of course that won't be trumpeted by the networks or CNN.

Draft saved Draft deleted