1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Collapse of the United States: Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 1, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And Yawn says America is doomed. I will not settle for the "all is well, stay calm" line anymore, dammit!

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Whats with all this talk about presidents anyway? Seriously? How much impact can they have over an economy? Very little at the margins? Very, very litte?
    If we're talking about government, doesn't the congress, with it's ability to regulate interstate commerce have way more power over the economy?

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For the stock market, how much of the S&P 500 run-up is attributed to Google going through the roof day after day?

4. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Gotta fucking love it. There's no reason to be mad about the economy, because some jackoff who already has millions is getting a few million more. Now here's a $200 taxcut, STFU peon!

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Including your motherfucking publisher and company CEO.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder if I could be paid in Euros or Canadian loonies instead of the US $.

7. Maybe the jackoff is getting that money back ... because, oh, he pays more in taxes than you?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fixed.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well played.

Draft saved Draft deleted