1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Kaepernick, Tatted Up Freak

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CarlSpackler, Nov 29, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Too late.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/turlingtons-lower-back-tattoo-remover/1358150/

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That's what I don't get. Anyone get can a business license to put on a tattoo but you need endless school to remove it?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure -- not positive, but pretty sure -- that's where that idea germinated from. ;)

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Even more lucrative than tattoo removal will be figuring out how to close the hole and bring the bottom of the earlobes back up when the douchemasters figure out those button earrings don't look so cool.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not where I thought that was going when I got to "figuring out how to close the hole."

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Amy Pohler was really sneaky hot in that era. How dare Will Arnett's spawn dull some of that shine.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Really? I think she looks better now on Parks and Rec than she did in that video, mostly because I don't think she looks good at all in that video.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I'm 49, happily married for 16 years with two kids and teach college. Immature? Eh, at times. Dumb? Probably not, nor is my tattooed wife, who is now working on her second degree. Nor is a buddy of mine from church who teaches at the same university I do. He has four degrees (a bachelors, two masters and a PhD), he is dean of an academic department, and I believe his last tattoo -- a large piece on his back, a kind of pin-up of his wife -- was his 10th or 11th.

Our church pastor and his wife -- both who hold multiple college degrees -- also both have tattoos.

So...yeah.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The chair of my grad department has a sleeve of tattoos on his left arm. He's in his early 40s or so, if I had to guess.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This is dangerous territory, my friend. Because I love Amy. And I love many of the women who regularly post here, and I don't really want to be *that guy* who is bagging on a celebrity for not looking as hot at 41 (her age now) as she did at 27, especially after two kids. She looks very good now. Her personality makes her even more gorgeous.

She was also quite beautiful back then too though. That video may not reflect it, but she was quite toned back then.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Does she have any tattoos?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The story I'm waiting for on Kaepernick is for someone to track down his birth mother. He was born in Milwaukee, to one black and one white parent, and the dad was nowhere to be found and the mom gave him up for adoption to a white family. They lived in a small town outside of Milwaukee and then moved to California (Turlock, out near the mountains in the eastern half) when he was very young. I've seen some articles that his birth mother has made some contact and/or been at some games, but now that he's in the national spotlight that story is destined for a full work-up.

Draft saved Draft deleted