1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Kaepernick, Tatted Up Freak

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CarlSpackler, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I graduated from college in 1995, and only one guy I knew had a tattoo, and it was a Superman tattoo on his upper arm. My brother-in-law is 26 and he has tattoos up and down his body, including on his hands. It works okay for him because he's into T-shirt design, but for a lot of people tattoos are not hip, they're low-rent and reflect irresponsibility. It's a generation thing, though, and kind of remarkable how quickly the attitude towards them has largely shifted.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Upset and Offended Guy Without Tattoos is one of my favorite characters.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Kaepernick has not done a single criminal thing in his career, so to compare him to prisoners in San Quintin is absurd.

Remember when people complained about Allen Iverson's cornrows because it was too scary? I get that he's trying to be funny here, but it's just lazy.

You could easily take a more enlightened view on this to address the issue and say, like it or no, this is the world we live in. QBs are CEOs? Well, guess what CEOs look like these days? It ain't Don Draper. It's Mark Zuckerberg. It's Jay-Z. Like it or not, it's Lil Wayne.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You mean my rant that parents should be free to raise their children as they would like?

I'm basically a total social libertarian. Live your life as you'd like.

And the reason I don't like Whitley is because of his tired, pun-heavy, lowest-common-demominator writing style.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Don't you fucking tell me what to do!

6. CD Boogie

Who's Upset and Offended? I'm not offended by people's tattoos. I simply think less of most people who have them. But people with wit and intelligence can overcome anything. I hope you don't have tattoos, bc your way with words certainly wouldn't obviate any first impressions.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Obviate? Come on, you're not fooling anyone.

8. CD Boogie

I highly doubt that. In fact, YGBFKM

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yup. That's always been a good one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Yeah, especially the use of the word "faggy."

Dragons are totally for fags, amirite, bros?

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

How does one get into the tattoo removal profession?

As journalism dies, that might be a decent landing spot by 2030.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hell, you could just specialize in tramp-stamp removal and make a healthy living.

Draft saved Draft deleted