1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Kaepernick, Tatted Up Freak

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CarlSpackler, Nov 29, 2012.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Upon further review, I suppose they were doubled out.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Dislike? No. But I've yet to see a woman whose looks are improved by tattoos.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Can you dig it.
    [/quote]

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Go to a water park or a big public swimming area sometime. If you don't have a tat and are under 35 you are in the minority.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Pool area in Vegas. You'll be running about a 98% tat rate.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I doubt many, if any, people have issues with a tattoo, or a couple of them.

It's when people choose to become an illustrated man (or woman) that it can become problematic, and perceived as a judgment issue rather than a more positively perceived trendy/artsy/novel/impulsive/fun/different/meaningful sort of something to do.

Any personal message, style or statement simply gets lost, distracted from or turned into a negative just by being overdone.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Bland is always in style.

8. I'm 38 and one of the most stereotypical schlubby, white, vanilla dudes around and I have a tat. My wife has 2. Ive liked Whitley for years, and maybe he is just poking fun at himself, but if an NFL QB who spent 2 years in federal prison for abusing dogs is ok, some kid doing his version of Allen Iverson-lite is just fine. And Tara are all about personal preference.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There was a time when a lot of columnists and most readers had a sense of humor. Whitley is one of the few left in the former category, and obviously there are few left in the latter.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

disagree with you totally. You haven't been reading Whitley very often.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

David Whitley is troll trash.

The Big Lead makes this case better than I care to here.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, sez you. Sounds like you may have been up for a job he got.

Draft saved Draft deleted