1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Kaepernick-less edition of the NFL Week 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't think any NFL team comes within a mile of him.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I could be wrong. I would agree more if it was a analyst rather than play by play. If Romo or Rex made errors it would be jumped on. And rightfully so, putting inexperienced jocks in that position highlights the inequity of the job.
    I wish her good luck and I hope they give her more tries.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I'm in charge of network communications at the shield, I'm sending ESPN a stern little email starting with "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?"

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

They could have got the entire University of Denver broadcast communications department for a small donation, and they would have a done a damn sight better than wwl did last night.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Beth Mowins is what a female Brad Nessler would sound like doing a Brad Nessler imitation. And she can't say "yards." She says, "yurrrrds."

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Like the college football games she does every week?

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mike Patrick and Tuberville were in Provo Saturday Night..or even Jones and Gilmore up in Pullman.....Either one is an easy flight into Denver......would have made the most sense, then have Mark Johnson (formerly of KOA) do the sidelines........anything was better than that shitshow Monday Night.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My memory says that Mike Patrick did Sunday night NFL games on espn 30 years ago.

I heard a bit of the BYU Utah game. He hasn't lost a ton on his fastball.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

His fastball tops out at 80.

Draft saved Draft deleted